The Namibia Desert Adventure – Cape Town to Windhoek
Tour duration – 14 days (13 nights) and 12 days motorbike rental
Rating: A combination of paved roads and compact gravel roads
Namibia is an extraordinary country, a paradise with wide horizons, contrasting landscapes and pristine beauty, offering an elemental experience that can’t be equaled. It’s mostly arid, with a pleasant climate, clean air and clear blue skies. At night you’ll see the Milky Way more clearly than ever and be enthralled as local experts guide you on a journey through our galaxy. Namibia is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world – it’s roughly four times the size of the United Kingdom, with just a 25th of the population − and the Namib is one of the oldest deserts. The contrasts to be found in Namibia are striking, even for Africa, from plants and wildlife to unique geological wonders such as the Fish River Canyon and the Spitzkuppe massif.
Our journey starts in Cape Town and ends in the Namibian capital city, Windhoek. We start by exploring the best of the Cape Peninsula which includes a visit to Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope. From here we head north towards the Namibian border along the Cape West coast, a semi-arid region known for its brief but spectacular transformation into a floral wonderland every spring. Crossing into Namibia we ride along the banks of the Orange River before heading north to the Fish River Canyon. Once done at the canyon we head to see the desert-dwelling feral horses at Aus. Leaving Aus behind we follow the gravel roads along the edge of the Namib Naukluft Park via Betta to Sesriem. Here we spend two nights and join a desert tour to explore Sossusvlei, Deadvlei and Sesriem. In Solitaire we stop for Apfelstrudel before crossing the Tropic of Capricorn on the way to Swakopmund. Swakopmund charms us with her colonial architecture and spoils us with her European heritage and cuisine. From the cold Atlantic we set off to the Erongo Mountains. This journey includes a visit to Namibia’s own Matterhorn – the Spitzkuppe mountain, and then a San living museum. Our ride nears the end when we arrive at Etosha National Park to enjoy a day safari tour into the park.
Finally, from Etosha we travel to Windhoek our last stop. However, no visit to Windhoek, would be complete without spending an hour or three at Joe’s Beer House, an iconic local eatery. Here one can enjoy some local beer and reminisce about the tour. Our Namibia Desert Adventure Motorcycle Tour covers some of the best routes in Namibia, all in just 14 days. The thrill is immediate, but you’re left with a lifetime of memories to share.
Distance to be covered: Total 3110 km, approximately 310 km per day.
Rider only R 83 375.00 | Pillion only R 28 290.00
Rider only R 94 900.00 | Pillion only R 34 900.00
28 Apr 2019
- Day 1 – Arrive in Cape Town and transfer to hotel (0km)
- Day 2 – Collect the motorcycles and explore Cape Peninsula as far as the Cape of Good Hope (150km)
- Day 3 – Depart Cape Town and ride to Vanrhynsdorp along the Cape West Coast region (340km)
- Day 4 – Enter Namibia at Noordoewer and reside on the banks of the mighty Orange River (440km)
- Day 5 – Day 5 – The Fish River Canyon, said to be the 2nd largest canyon on earth, is our next stop (180km)
- Day 6 – Our next stop is at Aus where we visit the desert plains, here we find the feral horses (290km)
- Day 7 – Today we round the eastern boundary of the Namib to Sesriem, entrance to the Namib (390km)
- Day 8 – Early morning we enjoy a guided tour into the Namib to explore Sossusvlei and Deadvlei (0km)
- Day 9 – Today we head to Solitaire, cross the Tropic of Capricorn and ride to Swakopmund (350km)
- Day 10 – Our first stop is Spitzkuppe mountains where after we explore the Erongo Mountains (240km)
- Day 11 – We continue north via Omaruru to Etosha National Park (310km)
- Day 12 – The day is spent on safari getting to know Etosha National park and its wildlife (0km)
- Day 13 – Our last day on the road. We are off to Windhoek. Joe’s Beer House here we come (420km)
- Day 14 – Depart back home
Important information about the above rates:
- The rate quoted above is a net ratebased on a minimum of six participants. Swartberg Biking reserves the right to cancel any tour if we have not received bookings for the minimum number of participants.
- The above rates are subject to change if any unforeseeable price increase or currency exchange rate occurs.
- The rates quoted above exclude the use of a support vehicle on the above package.
Swartberg Biking Motorcycle Tours is a registered tour operator affiliated with the Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (www.satsa.co.za) and insured with Safari and Tourism Insurance Brokers (www.satib.co.za).
Swartberg Biking is a proud partner in the 2018/19 Rhino Ride awareness campaign, supporting conservation efforts across Southern Africa.