The Garden Route Explore Tour
Duration of tour – 11 days (10 nights) and 9 days bike rental
Rating: Easy Asphalt only
We have set aside a day to explore the ins and outs of Cape Town during our Cape Coastal Motorcycle Tour. The city and its surroundings have a variety of activities and vistas to spoil the visitor with. From Table Mountain our travels take us to the southernmost tip of Africa – L’Agulhas. We ride via the town of Hermanus which is regarded by many as South Africa’s prime whale watching mecca. As we travel along the Cape’s Southern coast, we explore the ins and outs of the Garden Route. After a short stay in Knysna, we head towards the Eastern Cape Province with Port Elizabeth, locally referred to as the friendly city, the capital city. We briefly visit the Bloukrans Bridge which is home to the highest commercial bungee jump operation (216m) in the world.
We go on safari (optional) in the Addo National Elephant Park to look for the Big 5 – lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and buffalo. Next, we head to Oudtshoorn, ostrich capital of the world. Here we learn more about these big birds and explore the world renowned Cango Caves and Klein Karoo. We head back to the heartland of the wine lands via Route 62. This route is said to be the longest wine route in the world and we travel along the northern slopes of the Langeberge Mountain Range to reach Robertson, the heart of the Breede River Valley.
Our Cape Coastal Motorcycle Tour comes to an end after traveling some of the best routes in South Africa during the last 11 days. Each of us should use the time to reflect on the experiences we have lived and some of the memories that we will treasure to share with friends and loved ones as we head back home.
Distance to be covered: Total 2270 km and 285 km per day approximately
Rider only R 47 700.00 | Pillion only R 17 900.00
27 Jan 2018 | 25 Nov 2018
Rider only R 52 800.00 | Pillion only R 20 100.00
27 Jan 2019 | 24 Nov 2019
- Day 1 – Arrive in Cape Town
- Day 2 – Explore Cape Peninsula Route all the way to the Cape of Good Hope (150km)
- Day 3 – Ride to Cape Agulhas via Hermanus and follow the scenic Clarens Drive (320km)
- Day 4 – Ride to Knysna via Mossel Bay and the Overberg region and enter the Garden Route (390km)
- Day 5 – Rest day in Knysna with an optional ride out to Plettenberg Bay or George (100km)
- Day 6 – Ride to Addo along the Tsitsikamma region and stop at the bungee jump (350km)
- Day 7 – Enjoy a full day relaxing safari in Addo Elephant Park (000km)
- Day 8 – Follow the Karoo backroads and ride to Oudtshoorn through the Karoo region (400km)
- Day 9 – Ride to Robertson along Route 62 and stop at Ronnie’s Sex Shop (320km)
- Day 10 – Follow the scenic roads to Cape Town via Cape Winelands over Franschhoek Pass (250km)
- Day 11 – Enjoy the day at leisure in Cape Town and depart back home
Important information about the above rates:
- The rate quoted above is a net ratebased on a minimum of six participants. Swartberg Biking reserves the right to cancel any tour if we have not received bookings for the minimum number of participants.
- The above rates are subject to change if any unforeseeable price increase or currency exchange rate occurs.
- The rates quoted above exclude the use of a support vehicle on the above package.
Swartberg Biking Motorcycle Tours is a registered tour operator affiliated with the Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (www.satsa.co.za) and insured with Safari and Tourism Insurance Brokers (www.satib.co.za).
Swartberg Biking is a proud partner in the 2018/19 Rhino Ride awareness campaign, supporting conservation efforts across Southern Africa.